Upcoming events are being held both in-person and online. Requirements for masking and proof of vaccination vary by venue and by program. Please check specific event webpages for visitor guidelines and requirements. Please note that protocols will continue to be updated throughout the Spring quarter to address evolving public health guidelines.
The policies and procedures below will be in place for all ticketed ArtsUW event at Meany Hall and the Jones Playhouse. This includes all ticketed events hosted by the School of Music, School of Drama, Department of Dance, DXARTS Department and Meany Center. Policies are for all University of Washington students, faculty and public attendees.
PROOF OF VACCINATION (or negative COVID-19 test) REQUIREMENT REMAINS AT MANY UW VENUES
Proof of vaccination remains a requirement for everyone 12 and over at Meany Hall and all ArtsUW Ticket Office events, including Meany Center, DXARTS, Dance Department, School of Drama, and School of Music. Individuals unable to be fully vaccinated, including people with a medical or religious exemption, must have proof of a negative provider-administered COVID-19 test (taken within 72 hours of the performance). UW staff will check for proof of vaccination and negative COVID PCR tests at the doors as a condition of entry. Proof of negative test result must come from a test provider, a laboratory or a health care provider. Home or self-administered tests will not be accepted.
INDOOR FACE COVERINGS RECOMMENDED FOR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCES, AND REQUIRED FOR MEANY CENTER VISITING ARTIST PERFORMANCES
Masking is required for Meany Center Visiting Artist performances. Academic and other performances presented by School of Music, School of Drama, Department of Dance and DXARTS Department, including those hosted at Meany Hall and Jones Playhouse, continue to recommend audiences wear masks while indoors. Please check individual event webpages to determine if a mask and/or vaccination mandate remains in effect.
IF YOU ARE SICK, STAY HOME
The UW requires all visitors to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and requires that event attendees must stay home if symptomatic or if instructed to isolate or quarantine by a public health professional, regardless of vaccination status.
Individuals who do not comply with venue policies will not be admitted.
A patron vaccinated against COVID-19 by a two-dose CDC or WHO authorized mRNA vaccine (such as Moderna and Pfizer), or a single dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson), is considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after the final dose of vaccine (the second dose for a two-dose regimen, or the single dose for a single-dose regimen). Documentation of vaccination status must be shown upon entry to the venue and made available upon request at any time. Proof of vaccination will be required for all events at Meany Hall and the Jones Playhouse until further notice. Please check individual venue webpages to determine if a vaccination mandate remains in effect.
The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination:
- Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date of last dose administered), or a photo of the card
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record
- State Immunization Information System record
- For an individual who was vaccinated outside of the United States, a reasonable equivalent of any of the above.
Self-reported vaccination records that are not verified by a health care provider cannot be accepted. University of Washington Husky identification cards are also not acceptable as proof of vaccination.
Patrons over 12 years of age who are unable to be vaccinated, including children under 5 and people with a medical or religious exemption, will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or provider-administered antigen test within 72 hours prior to the performance. Home or self-administered tests will not be accepted.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result:
- Printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) OR
- An email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory.
- The information provided should include name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result (date of negative test result must be within prior 72 hours).
Self-reported negative test results that are not from a test provider, a laboratory, or a health care provider cannot be accepted.
MASKS REQUIRED INDOORS AT ALL TIMES
Until further notice, a mask or other suitable face covering that covers the nose and mouth must be worn indoors at Meany Center Visiting Artist Series programs regardless of vaccination status. Academic and other performances presented by School of Music, School of Drama, Department of Dance and DXARTS Department, including those hosted at Meany Hall and Jones Playhouse, continue to recommend audiences wear masks while indoors. Please check individual event webpages to determine if a mask and/or vaccination mandate remains in effect.
Please check individual event webpages to determine if a mask mandate remains in effect. Face coverings guidelines:
- Completely cover your nose and mouth
- Fit snugly against the sides of your face and with no gaps
- Have a nose wire to prevent air from leaking out the top of the mask
- Do NOT wear a mask that has exhalation valves, vents, holes or is made of mesh fabric. Do NOT wear a face shield unless combined with a face covering. These options allow virus particles to escape.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Some events will be performed without intermissions to reduce lobby congestion.
- Some venues may provide limited food and beverage service in designated lobby eating areas.
- Will Call options will be limited. In addition to standard tickets, PDF tickets are now available and can be shown on your phone or printed out at home.
- To reduce transaction points, we have instituted touchless ticket scanning at the door.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned/disinfected during the event.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout our venues.
- Meany Hall’s HVAC filters are rated MERV 13, and our system is supplied by 2 fans with fresh air return of between 30-70%, well over recommended levels.
- All event staff are fully vaccinated.
The Central Plaza Garage now uses PayByPhone. We recommend downloading the app before arriving, as reception is poor in the garage. For more information, visit Transportation Services: Pay by phone parking. Please note, visitor parking is now free Saturday evenings at the Center Plaza Garage.
You will receive up-to-date COVID safety policies in your emailed Upcoming Performance Reminder approximately 48 hours in advance of the show. If you have not shared your email with the ArtsUW Ticket Office, please update your online account or contact the ArtsUW Ticket Office at 206-543-4880 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To help with public health tracking efforts, UW encourages all audiences to activate the Washington Exposure Notifications - WA Notify app.
Read additional information from UW's Novel coronavirus & COVID-19: facts and resources page.
OUR CARE COMMITMENT
If for any reason you do not feel comfortable attending a performance, please contact the ArtsUW Ticket Office to make alternate arrangements per our Customer Care Commitment. If for any reason you feel uncomfortable attending an event, you can receive a full refund for your tickets prior to the performance or exchange into a different show. Additionally, many events will be available as a livestream or a recording to ticket holders.
If you have any questions about our COVID safety policies and procedures, or would like a better understanding of your experience attending a performance this fall, please check the hosting department’s website or contact the ArtsUW Ticket Office at 206-543-4880 or email@example.com.
- Department of Dance
- DXARTS Department
- School of Drama
- School of Music
- Meany Center for the Performing Arts
- Burke Museum: About Your Visit
- Henry Art Gallery: Plan Your Visit
- Jacob Lawrence Gallery
- School of Art + Art History + Design: COVID-19 Updates
We will be enforcing our COVID safety policies per ArtsUW’s Patron Code of Conduct.